Sony Puts Pizza Ordering in Videogames

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by craigdawg, Feb 25, 2005.

1. craigdawg macrumors 6502

Mmmm...pizza. :)
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/pizza_gaming&cid=562&ncid=562&sid=96479357

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

but, but, but.... Pizza Hut is crap if you ask me, Papa Johns is much better imo

but really, this is a sign of laziness if you have to order pizza like this, wow

im sure it will be a hit though to everyone who is addicted to Everquest

3. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

<---- Not impressed. I'll take a mom and pop shop over Pizza Butt any day.

4. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

Wow. Do you really get so addicted to this game that you can't even pick up a telephone and make a call to get pizza? Now they just need to figure out a way to avoid having you get up to get the door when it arrives... :rolleyes:

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I must admit that I'm guilty of using the Pizza Hut website. It beats sitting on hold, and you can spend as long as you like picking what you want and seeing how much it comes to.

However, it's not really laziness as I often order for pickup, then go find somewhere scenic to eat :)

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It seems to be a matter of offering connivence. It's a win win situation for Sony. Maybe they will add additional pizza outlets in time. One suggestion would be Domino's, already network for delivery.

7. anotherjeff macrumors regular

anotherjeff

I think it's an awesome option. I don't play MMOs but the idea of some comic book guy in some dank dungeon surrounded by pizza hut boxes on a 72 hour sleepless, minimal moving Everquest binge just makes me smile.

8. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

But If you eat anything more than 2 slices of Papa Johns, it'll sit like a rock in your stomach for hours. BUt yes, I agree its better.

I see as more of a form of advertisement than anything else. I mean is not really that much more convenient to order online than on the phone. You still have to stop playing the game.

9. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

What if you only have a cell phone? Than you should be able to type in /MickeyD and go to McDonalds site.

In case no one understands this, McDonalds does not deliver to cellular phones.

10. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

dude, mconalds delivers?
    is that just like downtown ones o most of them?/

11. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

12. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

McDonalds now delivers in New York City I think everywhere, but there was a news story investigating it because new yorkers are now using only cell phones and ditching their regular phones, and McDonalds refuses to deliver to cellular phones...

They do not deliver where I live though... may be only New York City.

13. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Its not that bad...
    Some places can make a good fast food pizza, the BEST places make it there in front of you!

Yeah - Pizza Hut sucks though.

14. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP