Sony SZ Series to Mac Book

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by glenm, Jun 3, 2006.

1. glenm macrumors newbie

Jun 3, 2006
    Is there anyone that can convince me in moving to Mac Book from the current computer Im using right now- Sony SZ laptop. The Sony is ok but Im looking for a relaible fast which a friend of mine telling me the MB is faster and cost less. And I kinda bit hesitant bec Im using Windows at my work place and Im used to it. But what interest me is that I can use Windows in the Mac Book if I decided to buy the MB. Please need help.
  2. kildraik macrumors 6502

May 7, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Yes, through BootCamp. There are so many other posts about this subject too, fyi.
  3. eva01 macrumors 601

Feb 22, 2005
    Gah! Plymouth
    Lets see

Compare the two

One runs just windows. One runs OS X as well as the crap known as windows.

hmmmm not that hard of a decision right there. :rolleyes:
  4. netdog macrumors 603

Feb 6, 2006
    If you aren't doing 3-D gaming, you can run Windows without leaving OS X (instead of rebooting). See Parallel's website. This program will run Windows, Linux, Dos, etc., in virtual machines, giving you access to your OS X apps and Windows apps at the same time. If you aren't doing heaving graphics work, I think you will find it a bit faster than the Sony. I use Parallels to run XP under OS X, and it is fantastic. Highly recommended.

BTW, if you do want to play the occasional 3D graphics demanding game, you can have a Parallels install of Windows to run your day to day stuff, and a Boot Camp install to run those games at native speeds directly in XP.