Sony walkman with iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by asxtb, Jun 8, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502

I've got my girlfriend wanting to switch from Windows to a MacBook. But she has a Sony Walkman mp3 player. Is there anyway to use that with iTunes until she (or I) save up enough to buy an iPod for her?

2. macrumors G4

Chundles

I think there might be a plug-in, search VersionTracker for it.

3. macrumors regular

I have a Sony Ericsson W800i walkman phone and I couldn't get it to sync with iTunes but here's what I do: I choose a playlist, select all track from it and copy them, the paste them to a new folder. Then with phone's software (Disc2Phone) I upload those tracks into my mobile.

4. macrumors G3

Sesshi

The W800i (and the Phones) are a different story to the crappy NW-HDx/Axxxx Walkman as the phones are drag & drop. The hard disk walkmen require Sonicstage to load which is PC only.

For the W800i and phones you could give iTunemywalkman a try. Doesnt work for me (Applescript error, then hangs) but may work for you.
    http://ilari.scheinin.fidisk.fi/itunemywalkman/

5. macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

6. macrumors 68020

northy124

A bit late:eek::eek::eek::eek: it was from 2006, it is 3 years old:confused:

7. macrumors G3

Sesshi

Not to mention a dupe :p

8. macrumors Core

I've got a marker in my calendar for 28th May 2012 to post the link again...

9. macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

Late is better than never, right. :) So will the Walkman sync like an iPod with iTunes as long as the contents does not have DRM?