SonyEricsson K600i/V600i with Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by croshtique, Jul 4, 2005.

1. croshtique macrumors 6502

Righty, just taken delivery of a brand new SE V600i (or K600i as I think it will be commonly known)
    Out of the box it will let me send SMS/dial from Address Book and also use the phone as a remote control. No luck in syncing contacts/calendars yet - just says "iSync cannot connect to this device". I'm off to see if I can find a workaround and will report back...

2. croshtique thread starter macrumors 6502

No luck in getting iSync to do its business with contacts and calendars, despite plenty of mucking about in plist files etc.
    But at least SMS/dialling from address book works fine; and I've been having plenty of fun transferring over MP3s to my V600i to use as ringtones.
    It comes with a USB cable as well, but nothing happens when I connect the phone to my Mac (System Profiler knows it's there but nothing mounts), and it gives me a kernel panic when I unplug it.

(Yes I know it's a bit sad replying to my own post but this thread might have some grains of information for someone searching through the forums...)

3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Does this mean you're calling directly from the phone book in OSX? If so, how do you do that? I've got a K700 and I'm waiting for activation from cingular to use it, but i'm curious if this is a feature i'll be able to use (assuming it has the same functionality as the k600)

4. croshtique thread starter macrumors 6502

Yup - it's nothing too exciting though and it worked fine with my old T630. It was just worth mentioning because I think it didn't work out-of-the-box for K750i users.

Just pair up the phone and Mac; open Address Book, click the Bluetooth button, wait for it to connect and you're all set. Click on a phone number and you should get three options (as illustrated in the screenshot attached).

Attached Files:

• dial.png
      dial.png
      File size:
      9.2 KB
      Views:
  5. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

6. croshtique thread starter macrumors 6502

...and also incredibly lazy :p
    But the SMS sending from Address Book is useful, especially if you're not too hot texting with numeric keypads. It'll also log replies in the 'notes' field if your phone is on and connected to the mac.

7. turnback macrumors newbie

When do they update isync ?

Is there any info if&when they give us a update for isync. I just got my SEV600i yesterday. Shi...
    Why is that always so complicated.

8. uersel macrumors newbie

Try PhoneAgent from www.macmedia.sk

I'm using version 1.2.3 and the v600i is not listed as supported, but via IR it works fine to edit phonebook, write SMS and MMS, also the upload of pics and movies works fine. Via bluetooth there are even more features (I don't have BT so I couldn't try)

But it's really worth the shareware fee!

9. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

I have a V600i but no BT so I'm just stuck here kernel panicking... so irritating. Trying to use the phone through VPC and the supplied software doesn't work either.

10. croshtique thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks to a hint just posted over at macosxhints.com I now have my SE V600i happily syncing with my mac over Bluetooth. :)

11. NicoMan macrumors 6502a

NicoMan

V600i and iSync

I encourage the owners of a V600i to take a look at the following site:
    http://mobile.feisar.com/

I've managed to get my V600i to sync with iSync 2.1 following the guy's method. Wasn't working at first but after lots of fiddling worked in the end. Not sure why but hey you can always ask.