Sony's F1 Championship Edition for PS3

Discussion in 'Games' started by Cooknn, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Does anyone have any information on this racing sim? Seems like everything I find is old news. Some say it won't even be released in the US. EB Games has it slated for release on November 1st as F1 '06 but I've read (and see from the trailer below) that it has a new name as F1 Champion Edition. Anyways it looks fantastic. There's a cockpit view and pretty nice looking effects including rain. I also read that you can unlock historic F1 cars. What a blast. Here's some gameplay footage from September 21st if you're interested.

I can see myself getting back into on-line racing with something like this. In Hi-Def on my 50" with Dolby digital 5.1 sound - I want it NOW :D

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Never heard of it but thanks for letting me know...I will give it a read.

Bless

3. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

isn't this the game that Sony demo'd using the PSP as the rear view mirror?

According to IGN it has no release date in the US but March 31st 07 for Europe and Dec 1st 06 for Japan.

I hope it comes over here to NA.

4. Cooknn thread starter macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Yeah, it's the same game that was demo'd with the PSP. I wonder if the Japanese release will have the option for English menu's? I've got no problem importing if necessary...

5. Joeytpg macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

oh man, i want this game SOO BAD!....do you know if there's a good F1 game for PSP? or for Mac?????

6. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

This had better be good, because the EA games pissed me off. Especially the ones that didn't get released in the U.S.

I would love if you could unlock classic tracks (old Hockenheim, Spa, Argentina, Watkins Glen, Long Beach, etc.) along with classic cars. Not like it matters, as I most likely won't be getting a PS3.

7. Revlimit Punk macrumors regular

Revlimit Punk

Impressive graphics, I hope gameplay will be as good.
    It's been a really long time since the last good F1 racing game on a sony console (F1 '97, PSX).

8. Oofie macrumors regular

Does anyone know if they're coming out with a version for the xbox 360? Wow, Im a big fan of F1 and I might just keep the PS3 I pre-ordered if they wont have it for the xbox.

9. Revlimit Punk macrumors regular

Revlimit Punk

It will be exclusive to the PS3 since it's a Sony product.

10. Cooknn thread starter macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Not sure about tracks, but I read that you'll be able to unlock classic F1 cars. 1967 is my favorite year for Formula One. Graham Hill, Jim Clark, Dan Gurney, Jack Brabham... What a year :p

11. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Oh man, if they have the Eagle-Westlake and Spa, I just might buy a PS3 >_<

12. Joeytpg macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

good i DON'T want to buy a PS3 just for that game hehehe i hope it comes out for PSP! or PSP2 at least! (if we ever get a PSP2)

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

this was listed for ages as a UK release title, but no mention of a US release at all. BUT then Sony pushed back UK release 5 months - which might explain why the developers have decided to release it in the states afterall.

14. Cooknn thread starter macrumors 68020

Cooknn

US release is now confirmed, but not until 3/1/2007 :( Oh well... I hope they use the time to polish on-line multiplayer and stats as well as third party controllers and force feedback. Speaking of which - have you seen the new Logitech G25? Whoa. Combine that with an A1 GP Racing Seat and you've got yourself one heck of a setup :eek:

15. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

16. Cooknn thread starter macrumors 68020

Cooknn

I'm hoping my current setup will work with the PS3. It's a classic Logitech Momo & TSW2 pedals that I wired together over USB. Works on my Mac and on a PC, so I'm hoping it works on the PS3. SCEA better include force feedback in this title :cool:

17. Oofie macrumors regular

Holy ****! That wheel looks awesome! Does anyone know if I can use that with the xbox 360? And that F1 game, I might just get a PS3 afterall, even for that game alone.

18. Cooknn thread starter macrumors 68020

Cooknn

This just in...
    This reminds me of how excited I was to get my hands on the Grand Prix Legends demo way back in the day. It was just one track - Watkins Glen. Nobody complained. We all just mastered that track and had a blast while the developers finished the game. I can't wait for the 17th!

Attached Files:

19. Oofie macrumors regular

I guess I wont be selling my ps3 after all, I just need to find out how to pay for it.

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

By buying one, selling it, then buy another with the profits. Ta da!

21. Oofie macrumors regular

^^ you're right, that would mean Ill be getting one for myself at around the release for F1 championship. Although playing that demo would be sweet.

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

23. Oofie macrumors regular

24. Oofie macrumors regular

Does anyone know if this will be a real racing sim game like Forza and GT, or somewhat arcade type like PGR?

25. Supa_Fly macrumors 68030

Supa_Fly

YES YES YESSSS YEaaaaaEEESS!

I WANT THIS GAME NOW!

Ok gotta start saving for that PS3! I loved Formula 1 2001 nobody could touch me on that.

Online head to head? is this game capable of that?

WICKED! I felt like Ayrton Senna watching this video .... well dreamt I was :D

Man I still miss that guys driving prowess and his passion & anger on the course against Frost! I Dont think we'll ever see a driver like that again. Sure Schumacher finally beat all his records, but look how long it took him to do so; and with the Sophistication of the machines in the last 5 years do things for the driver. He's skilled yes, and it took him 2 seasons to beat Senna in a race, but something about how Senna drove and the cars back then .... man true drivers, no assisted braking or Antilock back then.