Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
I decided to forego AppleCare since i rarely use telephone support and the HE extended covers hardware and sfotware??.

Anyway as far as i know this machine is only covered under the standard 1 year warranty. I have yet to receive an email or letter telling me the HE warranty applies at all.

Got me thinking when the standard warranty runs out...which it will and something goes wrong, how will Apple verify that my machine is in fact covered?. Knowing the kinda people Apple support are....especially here in the UK, they'll deny everything unless its written in blood on paper.

Am i screwed?

Merry Christmas by the way.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
I decided to forego AppleCare since i rarely use telephone support and the HE extended covers hardware and sfotware??.

Anyway as far as i know this machine is only covered under the standard 1 year warranty. I have yet to receive an email or letter telling me the HE warranty applies at all.

Got me thinking when the standard warranty runs out...which it will and something goes wrong, how will Apple verify that my machine is in fact covered?. Knowing the kinda people Apple support are....especially here in the UK, they'll deny everything unless its written in blood on paper.

Am i screwed?

Merry Christmas by the way.

Put the serial number into the apple support site and see what it says.

Otherwise call Apple and ask them.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
Put the serial number into the apple support site and see what it says.

Otherwise call Apple and ask them.

Did the latter and this is what i get, guess i'll call Apple and clarify from the horses mouth once and for all. Purchase date is correct BTW

Attachments

• picture1hu0.png
    picture1hu0.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 246

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Look they say you have a 3 year warranty on the site so make them honour the damn thing, complain if needed, it makes me glad I paid the extra £50 for Applecare!

Craigy Boy

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2006
England
I rang them up (0800 039 1010) to ask about this.

They said there was a problem when ordering online as it didn't offer the 3 year warranty as it should. After the phone call they emailed me a reference number, this meant if I ever have a problem with the mac, I quote this, and they know I have a three year warranty. If I were you, I'd ring them.

Craigy Boy

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2006
England
Students in higher education in the UK (not sure about other countries) get a free 3 year warranty with apple computers now.

Jakk

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2006
Did the latter and this is what i get, guess i'll call Apple and clarify from the horses mouth once and for all. Purchase date is correct BTW

I'm also got that message even though I'd already applied an applecare on my macbook.

I remembered that last month it's still telling me what is the remaining time I've got.
There might be something wrong.

BTW it's show "Our records indicate that your product is covered under the AppleCare Protection Plan and your date of purchase was........."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.