Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsnuff1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
NY
Oh man I can see the destruction threads already...

The iPad is a mobile device, so it is bound to get dropped alot. The iPhone at least has a durable plastic shell and is not super heavy, so when dropped the damage is usually a few scratches here and there...

Now the iPad on the other hand...dropping an over 1 pound device made out of glass and thin aluminum....oh God.

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
It will blow up.. What happens when you drop your Alu MacBook, same thing. I will slip off more frequently since it's not ment to be placed on a table.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
What happens? The same thing when drop any other delicate electronic - it breaks, dents shatters.

bobob

macrumors 68040
Jan 11, 2008
Good gawd! What percentage of the forum is obsessed with tampons?

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Just make sure you purchase it with an American Express card with Purchase Protection, then if you drop it in the first 90 days they'll replace it for you n/c. Hopefully by then you will have purchased a case or cover for it. Treat it like a baby and you'll be fine.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
I'm sure it will bounce right back up...

The iPad is a mobile device, so it is bound to get dropped alot.

It is bound to get dropped a lot because it's mobile? :confused: Are people really that careless? They can't even remind themselves to hold on to something...? Seems to me as long as you don't suffer from a medical condition causing you to involuntarily lose muscle tension in your hands, it's a pretty simple task. I mean, how often do you spill hot beverages over your pants?

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
It's not the same as dropping a macbook because the macbook screen is not out and exposed like the iPad. with a notebook you will most likely dent the body, with an iPad you have a bigger chance of shattering the screen.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
Very likely of cracking the screen, as you can see in my sig that is what happened to me. Although I was putting my iPod in my shirt pocket and completely missed, fell on the ground on the top corner and cracked from there on out. Although it would probably still work IF it was just cracked and not actually broken the LCD.

Mine would always be in the binder case unless I'm just sitting on the bed or couch or at my desk. When it leaves the house it's in the binder case.

bobob

macrumors 68040
Jan 11, 2008
It's not the same as dropping a macbook because the macbook screen is not out and exposed like the iPad. with a notebook you will most likely dent the body, with an iPad you have a bigger chance of shattering the screen.

Unless your house is full of pointy rocks, I fail to see the difference.

Alchematron

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2007
Maui Hawaii
chainw.jpg

bbydon

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2005
ATL
It will float. It is a "Magical device" after all.

I hope to see some of the case for this soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.