Soon to be a powerbook owner!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Jonknox, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Jonknox macrumors member

May 10, 2005
    I am thinking on getting a 15 inch to run photoshop,word programs, and music so i am pretty sure it will fit my needs I do no high end computing what so ever except for some stuff on photoshop might be a little slow coming from a windows based computer but that is perfectly fine. I think I am gonna wait though for the next update just to be safe!

a few questions when do the powerbooks which will use intels come out?

Any updates on a powerbook haing a G5?

Will the 15 inch model be suitable for photoshop and music and writing as far as screen resolution goes and loading times etc...

Also is there anywhere were they sell them cheaper than the apple store?
  2. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    Intel PowerBooks- ~June '06.

G5 PowerBook- unlikely (one w/ faster G4s any time now)

PowerBook should do everything that you mentioned!
  3. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    Oh, forgot that one-

Try or

*EDIT* Apples online education store (if you qualify- teacher, student, etc...)
  4. YS2003 macrumors 68020

Dec 24, 2004
    Finally I have arrived.....
    My 12" and 15" PBs handle Photoshop CS2 without any problem. At home, both PBs are hooked up with ACDs for better viewing. The current line of PBs will handle whatever CS2 dishes out.
  5. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a

May 18, 2005
    I would wait for a few weeks seeing how the Rev. E Powerbook should be coming out. It should feature the PowerPC 7448 with 200MHz bus instead if the 167MHz, faster processors, better GPUs, and other enhancements. Hopefully they will be out before September when I buy mine.
  6. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

Jan 6, 2004
    What's the likelihood of the new Freescale chip going into the next PB rev? Apple would have to redesign the entire motherboard, right? And is Freescale already shipping the new chips?
  7. tuartboy macrumors 6502a

May 10, 2005
    wow, mine's a month old. that would make me sad to see a machine come out so soon after i dropped the cash for this guy. :eek:

anyway, i'll be able to enjoy this sucker until the mactels. figure i'll update about then anyway.
  8. Gmac07 macrumors member

Jul 13, 2005

Im also getting a 15inch PB, im going to use it for school but the only thing i worry about is how does final cut run on the 1.67 G4??? Im gona be doing some video editing and i want a laptop that has the power to do this without any hesitation. Have any of you used a PB as your main video editing machine? What are your thoughts??