Sooooo predictable, lost ipod touch...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tillsbury, Nov 4, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

Dec 24, 2007
    So my wife lost her ipod touch 4g last year, she was convinced someone had walked in and stolen it... yeah right like that would ever happen...

After a year on an ipad her iphone 5 arrived yesterday. Guess what turned up behind the bed this morning... the ipod touch! ho ho Sod strikes again :D
  2. macrumors 68020

Dec 9, 2008
    Sod? That isn't short for sodomy, right? Either way, I'd suggest installing Find My iPhone on both devices for future cases of… sod.
  3. macrumors 68000

Aug 9, 2011
  4. macrumors 6502

Apr 5, 2012
  5. macrumors 65816

Jun 9, 2011
    Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    You think? Not long ago a couple of teens in our town entered homes at night (while the residents were asleep) through the side garage door, entered the homes and swiped anything of value sitting in the kitchen and LR. Those doors did not have dead bolt locks. The kids were caught and stolen goods recovered, but don't think for a moment it could never happen.

As to your wife, sounds more like Murphy's Law since you didn't look behind the bed either. :rolleyes:
  6. macrumors 6502

Jun 8, 2011
    Find my 'iOS' device, seriously. Getting the thing to squawk is a big help when you misplace a 200+ dollar device around the house. ;) This is expericance talking.
  7. thread starter macrumors 65816

Dec 24, 2007
    Just to clear things up, "Sod's law" is very similar to "Murphy's law", slightly broader. Nothing at all to do with Sodomy...

She lost her ipod touch 4 just before she was going to install iOS5, and thus didn't have Find My iPhone on it, of course.