Sopranos: New Season

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by e²Studios, Mar 12, 2006.

1. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Never really got into Sopranos when it aired, but a couple of months ago I lend the first season on DVD from my local public library. Quickly ordered the rest of the seasons, and due to long waiting list I just got finished with the fifth season.

Awesome show! I cannot wait for the last season (and the bonus episodes, of course). I have a feeling they're going to top everything we've seen so far...

Who else thinks the last (couple of) episode(s) will be extremely bloody to prevent any chances of a "comeback"...? :D

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Ah the joys of satellite TV! Our DTiVo will "tape" it at 6 p.m. PST in HD. :D

Of course I can't actually watch it until after 10 when the kids are soundly asleep.

Big Love sounds about as strange as Six Feet Under, and I loved that show, so that'll be recorded too...

B

4. e²Studios thread starter macrumors 68020

e²Studios

It is on at 6pm on HBO-E in SD, but my recorder is recording it at 9pm on HBOHD :) I remember the time shifts when i was with directv ages ago.

Cant wait to see it, i have a feeling this season will be the best ever, and yes probably the bloodiest.

Ed

5. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    What? No f&*$#@ zitti?

waiting to dvr the eastern feed at 6:00pm. will watch it after the kids are asleep at 7:00.

can...not...wait!

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm loving the new season...always good.

Bless

7. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

Fantastic start to the last season of a great show that i've watched for years. I'm sad to see it nearing its end, but i'm glad they are doing it justice (well, so far so good) and making it a bang up season!

Get it...bang up.....

;)

8. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Just found out that NRK, the station airing Sopranos here in Norway, won't send the new season until this fall! :eek:

[Insert several of the worst curse words you know here!]

That's going to be a long wait... almost tempted to start pirating... but, as usual, I won't... :mad: & :(

9. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    DISCLAIMER ...

As with all the other TV Show threads here on MacRumors, be prepared to see discussions of the recently aired shows, as soon as they're aired...if you don't get them until 3 hours after they air on the East coast, then stay away!

well, who thinks he's gonna die? personally, i think he'll live, my wife thinks otherwise though...

10. commonpeople macrumors regular

Is it safe to talk about it yet? Do we have to write in white?

11. e²Studios thread starter macrumors 68020

e²Studios

It is over here on the West coast. Man.. That was a great episode. I don't think i have seen one as dramatic. I don't think he will die, when you call 911 and no one says anything they are required to dispatch to the location. However i think we will see Uncle going in to assisted living soon, or maybe even a institution for the criminally insane.

Great episode, cannot wait to see more. They have setup the plot to where it is hard to see where it is going, I could see many directions they could take.

Ed

12. SharksFan22 macrumors regular

SharksFan22

One word -- WOW.

I did NOT expect that episode to end like that.

13. commonpeople macrumors regular

What was that weird music at the beginning and end?

Would someone survive a hit like that in real life?

14. commonpeople macrumors regular

Oh... and isn't Janice going to be the best most responsible mother in the world? Not.

15. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Worth the wait! The show is still amazing. They can really go so many ways with all the stuff they started in this episode.

I thought it was a nice touch that Vito helped himself to an Atkins style hot dog for lunch. ;)

B

16. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

One reason i think he'll live is the fact that Vito lost all that weight, and you see T checking his weight on the scales...he gets one in the gut, his fat saves him...

...and the Florida guy, well, wouldn't that be ironic if T goes, too obvious in my mind...but as i said my wife thinks he'll die, and she's good.

17. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

If Junior used a .22, absolutely. .22's are lethal usually only with a head shot or a shot that hits a major artery (carotid, femoral, etc.). Tony was shot in the side of the gut, so it's likely the bullet didn't go in too far, especially with all his new weight. 911 will be on the way, since the SOP for a 911 call where the caller doesn't speak to the 911 operator is to dispatch police, fire, AND medical help.

I think Tony will survive, but he'll be hospitalized for a while. Junior obviously will have to go to a rest home, assuming he doesn't get locked up... the problem, of course, is that with none of the Soprano family keeping an eye on him 24/7, his senility might cause him to start blabbing about all sorts of family business. So, Tony might have to have him whacked just to keep him quiet.

Also, with Tony temporarily incapacitated, I wouldn't be surprised if Phil Leotardo starts loosening his leash from Johnny Sack and asserting himself more. Not to mention the possibility that some within the New Jersey Mafia might decide to make a power play.

18. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

<--
    i'll be fine. ;) (for later appearances to this thread, my avatar is Tony Soprano)

that was William Burroughs' voice. song is called seven souls band is "material".

a person can generally be shot in the stomach and live for about 10 minutes while the stomach acids poison you or you bleed to death, whichever comes first. (in a manner of speaking anyway)

good episode. damn i love that show.

19. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

Tony will not die, advertisements for this season had lots more scenes with Tony. Good episode, personally I was thinking that junior was going to die, but then POW, tony shot in the gut, I didn't see that coming.

I hope that they don't split up the 20 episodes into 2 seasons, I'd rather have one long season, I hate waiting.

20. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

We're getting 12 straight episodes, then 6 more next year (2007).

21. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

You mean 8:p

Thanks for the clarification.

22. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

i thought it was 12 this season with a bonus of 6...where are you getting 20 from?

as for the advertisements.... most (if not all) the shots of T are from previous seasons, not this new one.

23. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Junior is the man. I wonder how long til he's discovered hiding in the closet. I meant that literally, scem0, don't get excited. :p

24. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/news/

25. e²Studios thread starter macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Will Tony be in a vegitative state all season?!?! The "Dream" sequences are interesting. I am wondering if they will off Junior, or if he will crack and start saying things he shouldnt to the authorities.

So far i am very impressed with the new season, well worth the wait.

Ed