Sopranos Question

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by achie25, Nov 2, 2005.

1. achie25 macrumors 6502

OK I am a Sopranos fan. I don't have HBO but I have the boxed sets 1-4 and am hoping to get the 5 boxed set for Christmas.

I have tried not to hear anything about the 5th season except I know who got whacked. :(
    My question is the sixth season being filmed now? I know there was going to be a delay due to the contract issues.

2. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    i believe so, i think it's going to be out on HBO in the new year, 12 episodes, and then a "bonus" 6 episodes later on in the year, which will be the end. :(

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Tv.com is reporting that they will air "mid march 2006". I really have to get the DVDs. I forget a lot of what happened. I remember the major shorelines, but I seem to forget the little things.

4. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

The Sopranos is/was one of my favorite tv shows. I can't wait to see the new season.

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

i wish they would go on til at least season 9. i love that show.

Bless

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Now, now... beware of what you wish for. I thought season 5 was kind of weak in spots, given the amazingly high standards of the first four. Still very good of course, but you can see hints of the inspiration beginning to wear a little thin. I definitely would not want to see the show grind on until all the good ideas are exhausted. That would be tragic.

7. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

I agree with you it's always best to stop when you are at the high point. Hopefully they do not drag it out until there is nothing left to look forward to.(Like they do so often with tv-shows or movie sequels)

8. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    i think that's the beauty of a show like the Sopranos, it could go on forever...as with a lot of HBO shows, it's the character development and interaction that makes for great watching. of course with the sopranos there is so much to it on top of that solid foundation.

i do agree that the last season wasn't quite as good as others, but then some of the storylines are so strong they need to build up, and that can take as long as a season, or two.

i'm really excited for the new season, and my girlfriend is too, she previously thought she didn't like it, as she'd seen a couple of clips, one of which was the scene outside the bing with the girl, not one of the nicest. but we watched the whole thing on dvd and she's totally hooked, which is great for me hah

9. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

I can't wait for the 6th Season, mainly to see what Carmela does. I don't want to give anything away, but the last few minutes of the final episode of season 5 made me wonder what she's really after.

Anyway, HBO.com has posted a clip of the making of the 6th season here. Methinks it'll be a good one!

10. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I'm actually a little more interested to know what happens to Christopher. He must a little, uh... conflicted.