Sorry for all the threads but I have another problem!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by aaron.lee2006, Mar 19, 2007.

1. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

So on my XTi, the little flet piece on the inside I have just discovered that it is torn :mad: Can this be replaced under my warranty with Canon????

2. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

the wha?

3. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Sorry.... felt* It is the thing just above where the lens is placed in.

I'm not trying to bump but I'm in a panic cause it is brand new!! Does anyone have any thoughts?

4. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

I still have no idea what you're referring to, but my suggestion is that you call Canon themselves, since obviously it doesn't matter if we think they should replace it or not - ultimately, they are the ones to decide.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't know what you're referring to, either. Can you take a photo of it (with another camera, of course)?

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

In an attempt to help I've taken a picture of mine and highlighted the part I think you are talking about. It's attached to this post. My question would be (assuming I have the correct part) how did this get damaged. Canon only warrantee the product for defects in workmanship and manufacture. If you damaged this then that is not covered. They may choose to help you out of of kindness or goodwill but they certainly don't have to.

Attached Files:

• XTi.jpg
      XTi.jpg
      File size:
      133.7 KB
      Views:
  7. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

8. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

That is the part and it was really bent and stuff from the day I got it. The direct centre of it was bent out of shape.

9. ChrisA macrumors G4

You are going to have to be a bit more descriptive. No one knows part you are referring to. Can you post a picture? Doesn't Canon have a costomer service phone number? Give them a call

I'd call that part a "bummper" or "pad" for the reflex mirror shock absorber. It's the thing the mirror crashes into whaen it lifts up. The glue could be defective. Would be an easy repair but if the camera is new have then replace the camera.

Many stores have something like a 30 day exchange and after that you deal with the manufacturer. I'd get it excanges if you can.

10. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

That's great news. Remember though I bought it over seas. It is on the Princes Cruises protected stores list which means it is gauraunteed by the ship for 30 days. Could I just get a new camera here in Canada using the international warranty? Or will the store just repair ir. Also are most stores nice enough to clean it out when my camera is there? I have dust that is like caked on and won't come off.

11. Abraxsis macrumors 6502

Abraxsis

Its new and you have caked on dust? huh? That makes no sense.

12. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

I know I agree with you lol.:rolleyes:

13. BigPrince macrumors 68020

I suggest you put everything back in the box and do something without technology. You seem to have problems with it.

14. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Yes, because everyone else here instantly mastered all technology the first time they were exposed to it. :rolleyes:

I will say that, if it were me, I'd get my $800 back from the store, and spend a bit more to buy the Digital Rebel from a more reputable dealer next time.

15. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

hmmm this doesn't help me solve my problem..... back on topic please?

16. arogge macrumors 65816

arogge

You should take your sales receipt and call Canon service. What is your dust problem? :confused: