Sorry if this is common q: any guesses as to when screen size will increase??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Greenone, Jul 19, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

I haven't checked into MacRumors or other Apple gossip in a year or two. After brief googling I didn't see an answer/guess so I'm asking here in hopes my question doesn't annoy anyone too badly! : - /

I'm up for an upgrade but won't be buying a new iphone (I have the 4s now) until the screen size is larger (not just taller!!!).

Any guesses as to when they might come out with a wider screen? Are they still thinking Fall for 5s? I might have read late in year for 5s. I guess the next one won't be an improvement screen wise. Maybe the one after that?

Thanks!

2. macrumors 603

scaredpoet

Then you're definitely not buying one for another year at least, if not the next 2-3 years.

3. macrumors 65816

Tankmaze

All rumors of 5S points to the same design as the iphone 5.
    So any redesign or screen change would likely to happen in the next iphone or 2014 the earliest.

4. macrumors 6502a

I think apple will keep 4 inh screen for the 6 and 6s too, because if rumors are true then they wanna replace the 4s with the low cost iPhone so their whole lineup would be 4 inch

5. macrumors 603

mobilehaathi

Not happening soon.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks everyone. Damn...that really sucks. I can wait I guess. I love the 4s so I'll just have to be patient!

7. macrumors 65816

shenfrey

Nothing wrong with i5, 4 inches is a perfect size.

8. macrumors 601

cambookpro

+1

I don't know why everyone says they hate the tall design without even trying it! Once you've spent a week with the 4" screen, you'll find the 3.5" fat and small.

(inb4 that's what she said... ;) )

9. macrumors 6502a

When the 6 is released probably next summer - barring any surprises.

10. macrumors 604

cynics

Perfect for you and me but not everyone. My father uses an Android phone because he can see the text better with putting on his reading glasses.

11. thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I just find both the 3.5 and the 4" to feel confining. My eyes are fine for the most part but after seeing the Galaxies and such, I don't know why I'd want such a small screen. I also have older people in my life I'd like to show things to on the iphone and they can't see well enough on the 3.5. I don't think a half-inch is enough of an improvement on a screen that was already too small.

12. macrumors 65816

Probably iPhone 6 or so, I reckon..

13. macrumors 6502a

Apple hasn't released anything new this year and introducing yet another repackaged "S" iPhone will do nothing good to their already struggling shares and upset shareholders. For that reason alone, I suspect that Apple will go against predictable "S" cycle this year and introduce redesigned iPhone 6 instead that will feature long awaited and way overdue bigger screen format.

14. macrumors 6502a

If I had a Nickel for every time someone asked about a bigger iphone I would be rich.

15. macrumors 6502

Ya, right...Keep dreaming. S is in production. Get used to it