Soul for Sale

Discussion in 'Community' started by iLikeMyiMac, Aug 21, 2004.

1. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

Need a soul? You can buy it off ebay.
    Wow it even has a picture. I wonder how much FedEx charges to ship 21 grams.
    What would you do with a soul you bought off ebay? Keep it in a jar on your desk? Sell it to the devil?

2. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Wasn't this specifically banned by eBay after a bunch of people tried it? What whack-jobs.

3. iLikeMyiMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

I remember someone trying to sell their kidneys on ebay a while back even though selling body parts is not allowed on ebay. I'm not sure about metaphysical or intangible body parts though. :rolleyes:

4. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I don't think that you're allowed to sell anything of which you do not have physical possession, a messure targeted specifically at the "soul sales." Wow, selling your kidneys?! That's a lot MORE disturbing than selling a piece of paper claiming to be the deed to your soul.

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

*laughing like a dumbass* It's amazing that the seller can represent so many things about it with actual numbers. Damn, this is great! :D

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Wow, I wonder how the idiot plans on releasing his soul (offing his own ass) and then capturing it for overnight delivery.

Would be nice of him to also have his ashes delivered in an urn along with the soul.

7. iLikeMyiMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

I think someone here should create an ebay account with the name of Satan, Lucifer, or Beelzebub(maybe not Beelzebub because I doubt that this guy would know what it means) and buy this guy's soul for $0.50. I would but since I'm under 18 and ebay doesn't want people under 18 signing up.
    Imagine how wierd it would be if you were the seller and the Satan bought your soul. :eek: Creepy.

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

You'd have to bid at least $6.66

9. macsrus macrumors 6502

Have you noticed noone wants to pay much for it.....

How much would a man give for his own soul?

Apparantly only 50 cents

10. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

i'll sell you my soul for £10.

i'll sign a piece of paper and mail it to you and everything :cool:

11. iLikeMyiMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

Actually the number 666 has less to do with the Devil and more to do with Nero.

12. iLikeMyiMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

How 'bout $5. Then I can trade the soul to the guy at the comic book store for a handful of Alf Pogs. :D *Simpsons Reference*

13. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

who cares about the Simpsons reference...You mentioned POGS!!!! I had totally forgotten about that critical middle school fad until someone mentioned them a few weeks ago. Now I'm beginning to recall how essential it was to get a great slammer (or whatever they're called)...It just brings a tear to the eye.

14. iLikeMyiMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

Pogs weren't that big of a deal as much as I can remember. I never really got into them. I think that fad lasted about a month at my school.

15. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

16. iLikeMyiMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

Yes, isn't everything?

A quick google search confirms that indeed it was. Episode 132, aired on October 8, 1995.

17. macsrus macrumors 6502

Some think....

18. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Yup. Actually his full name is Neron and that is the 666. When the shortened version of his name is used, Nero it is 616. Things they don't tell you in Sunday School ;)

19. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

cant remember where i heard this: when you add up the ascii numbers of the words "bill gates" and then add 3 to the total (bill gates is william gates the 3rd btw) it totals 666. that may have been on lem or something...

20. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

No one notice something...

The seller is from New York... where else can you find such freak!

By the way... hellos friends... I just moved to Florida!!! I am in Miami, I arrived an hour ago and I am here in Macrumors.

21. EminenceGrise macrumors member

Yep. As does "Windows 95" apparently.

22. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

LOL... but it isn't the ASCII code. It is the numerals assigned to Hebrew letters ;)

23. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

A brother of a friend once sold his friendship on eBay. They removed it the first time around, but he listed it again and said "Hey eBay! The buyer actually gets this:" and he had a a scan of a piece of paper with "I Joe C. will be your friend" on it. Then he put a big red "Sample" watermark on it. It was hilarious :D

24. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

That's right, but these numbers can already be found in the Bible (Revelation 13,18) where you can read about a beast with two horns coming out of the earth, with the 666 as the number of this beast. In another translation the 616 can be found at this place, which makes it even more interesting...

25. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

What interesting is that even though we can translate it, no one really knows what Revelations is actually talking about - I mean it was written in code so that Nero couldn't get a hold of it. Modern scholars assume, with rightful justification in my eyes, that it is about Nero --- Religious studies fascinate me :)