Sound adjustment delay. Why?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Gus, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Ever since I upgraded the household to Jaguar, sound adjustments come very slowly. I mean, you can hit sound up or down and you can actually count the number of seconds it takes for that change to take place. It is the same for mute on/off. Anyone else have this problem, and know why it occurs? It can't just be me because several other people I know experience this. We have an iBook 800, and 600 and a PM G4 733 Digital audio.

Regards,
    Gus

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Are you talking keyboard keys, or software panel? if the latter, which software panel? like, is it your system sound, or just the sound in iTunes or something?

:)
    pnw

3. MPTV-Ti macrumors newbie

sound card

I could be wrong but I think i read somewhere once that the sound cards turn themselves off after a period of inactivity and it takes a few seconds to turn back on when needed. My PB 1Ghz does the same thing. Hope this helps

4. Gus thread starter macrumors 65816

Gus

Good question-I was referring to the keyboard buttons for sound.

The sound card thing makes sense, but I know this wasn't an issue for me with 10.1.x. It's just slighlty annoying when I am listening to something and I need a quick mute to hear somebody else talking.

Regards,
    Gus