Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shakespeare

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2002
Portland, Maine
This is really annoying, and I can't figure out what's doing it. Is it iTunes 4?

After a few hours of using my beautiful new 17-inch PowerBook, the sound balance of my speakers shifts to the left or to the right. This isn't just perceived; I can open up the Sound Preference Pane and see exactly how much they've shifted. This has happened several times now. I am certain that a user isn't doing this; I'm the only one and I know better. What else could cause this? I hate having to open up that Preference Pane all the time to get normal sound!

Sol

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2003
Australia
Rare bug

The only time I have experienced this was when I tried playing the Virtual Grand Prix 2 demo. By the way, I installed OS X.2.6 on a 733 MHz Powermac at work and all day it was fine.

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2003
England
My iMac also suffers...

My Indigo iMac 500Mhz G3 gets this problem occasionally (maybe once every few weeks, after a restart or startup) My first thoughts are my external speakers have a dodgy connection (they're getting abit old and have been abused) but a quick visit to the Sound preference panel reveals all is not ok.

I've looked just now and its set itself about 1/3rd to the Right all by itself! What on earth is going on here? The bug was present for me in OS X 10.2.4 and still seems to be here in 10.2.6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.