Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
I have encountered sound problem with my iPhone 6S. It happens when I unplugged the phone from the charger and it didn't make unplugged sound you normally hear. Phone was not in silent mode. The thing is I won't hear any of the notifications from the phone anymore afterward, including texts, mail, etc. The only fix for me was to restart the phone. Anyone encountered this bug? Maybe my phone is faulty?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I have encountered sound problem with my iPhone 6S. It happens when I unplugged the phone from the charger and it didn't make unplugged sound you normally hear. Phone was not in silent mode. The thing is I won't hear any of the notifications from the phone anymore afterward, including texts, mail, etc. The only fix for me was to restart the phone. Anyone encountered this bug? Maybe my phone is faulty?

If restarting your phone fixed it I wouldn't worry about it unless the issue repeats.

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Are you saying you can reproduce it every time?

I can't reproduce it exactly but so far happened to me 2-3 times and it seems to happened overnight when the phone was charging and when I unplugged it there's no sound. I think I'm still having this issue now since I don't hear email sound but getting text message sound. I really don't want reset the phone as new.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I'm noticing all types of sound issues on my iPhone 6 under iOS 9.x.x since I updated. When headphones are plugged in and listening to music, it lowers music volume but no notification sounds - not app or sound specific. In normal mode on occasion, I get the vibration but can hardly hear the audio for it. Others have reported issues. Hope Apple fixes it.

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
I'm noticing all types of sound issues on my iPhone 6 under iOS 9.x.x since I updated. When headphones are plugged in and listening to music, it lowers music volume but no notification sounds - not app or sound specific. In normal mode on occasion, I get the vibration but can hardly hear the audio for it. Others have reported issues. Hope Apple fixes it.

Yes, sometime incoming text sound is really low but I set the volume to normal. Looks like related to iOS9 issue.

CalWizrd

Suspended
Jun 21, 2011
NYC/Raleigh, NC
I have had notification sound issues for a while... pre-iOS 9. It started with my iPad Air 2, and when I couldn't seem to resolve the issue I brought it in to Apple. The 'Genius' played with it for a while, and finally fixed it by doing a "Reset All Settings". He said it must have been caused by a third-party app. ?? Doubt it.

It recently happened to my iPhone 6. Same problem... no sounds for key clicks, etc. I haven't done the reset yet because it's a pain, but I'm sure it will fix it.

Bottom line... I don't think this its strictly an iOS 9 issue.

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
I have had notification sound issues for a while... pre-iOS 9. It started with my iPad Air 2, and when I couldn't seem to resolve the issue I brought it in to Apple. The 'Genius' played with it for a while, and finally fixed it by doing a "Reset All Settings". He said it must have been caused by a third-party app. ?? Doubt it.

It recently happened to my iPhone 6. Same problem... no sounds for key clicks, etc. I haven't done the reset yet because it's a pain, but I'm sure it will fix it.

Bottom line... I don't think this its strictly an iOS 9 issue.

This is no good. I was going to reset everything and start fresh.

zBoost

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2013
My 6s didn't rang. I saw the number and the display light up it didn't bothered to make a sound at all, wasn't in silent mode. That's a clean restored phone with iOS 9.0.2

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Have you tried the suggestion at the end of this?seems to have worked for me https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/18395

Is this the solution? I don't have Voiceover turned on but I do see Pitch Change was on so I turned it off.

Solved:
1. Setting - General - Accessibility - VoiceOver - Disable Use Pitch Change
2. Setting - General - Accessibility - VoiceOver - Rotor - Check Volume

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Is this the solution? I don't have Voiceover turned on but I do see Pitch Change was on so I turned it off.

Solved:

VoiceOver is off and I don't even have Rotor-Check Volume

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Solved:
Didn't do anything for me. About an hour after playing around with those settings I still had a few notifications that didn't make any sound/vibration.

Reactions: zBoost and whsbuss
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.