Sound Card

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by windowi, Dec 30, 2006.

1. windowi macrumors newbie

Dec 30, 2006
    For Christmas I recieved a set of B&W speakers and a Rotel amp (which sound freking awesome) I currently have it plugged into the headphone jack on my powerbook, and It sounds good but I think If I got a soundcard it would sound way better, what I am looking for is an external sound card that will just do stereo or 2.1 (I have a sub that I would like to use) is there anything like this out there?
  2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    Some more detail on the amp might help you get more responses (what model? what does it have for inputs?).
  3. windowi thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 30, 2006
    Okay the amp is a Rotel RB-1050 and all it has is two RCA inputs so basically the sound card that I am looking for needs to have either RCA or 1/8" stereo jack in order for my system to work
  4. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Aug 29, 2006
    it seems a bit wasteful to get an external soundcard for your laptop since the point of oyur laptop is for it to be portable. You might as well just buy an iPod and hook it up to the speakers. I'm just saying htat an external sound card isn't very practical and you might regret it. Plus, nano's are pretty affordable right about now.