Sound editor?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Judge Fudge, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Judge Fudge macrumors newbie

Judge Fudge

Are there any decent sound editors out there for mac? I just want to cut soundclips, and the like.(Mp3, Wav, whatever) No loop making, just simple stuff like Cool Edit would do in windows. Free is better (other than Audacity, I hate that program), cheap is ok, expensive...not so good.

2. theorem7 macrumors member

My eMac came with an app called Sound Studio pre-installed. I use it a lot, and it's great. I looked up the Cool Edit program, and it appears to have a fairly similar feature set. The current version of Sound Studio is $80, but they have version 2.2.4 available for free download here. I don't know how many more features version 3 has, but I'm still on 2.1 and it works fine for me!

3. Judge Fudge thread starter macrumors newbie

Judge Fudge

They want $40 for it, and it's not even worth that much to me. Thanks for the suggestion though. Has anyone had luck with Audacity for Mac? In my experience with the Windows version, it's pretty bad.

4. x86 macrumors regular

x86

What about garage band? I'm taking a total guess here as I'm not exactly sure what you need...

5. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Audacity. It's open source, so it is free. It is very intuitive to use, easier than GarageBand I'd say and there a few tutorials on the web for beginners that helped me out quite a bit.

6. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

indeed

edit: sorry, missed you saying you hate it

7. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    The good ones are not free...

I like

Recycle
    DSP Quatro
    Soundtrack Pro