Sound Help Please

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by slammed, Mar 13, 2007.

1. slammed macrumors newbie

I am fairly new to mac and i love it. im having a few problems tho.
    the first one is related to sound. ever since i bought my 1.66 mini in 2006 the sound i get out of it sucks. mainly its just when i play music out of itunes, so this might be an itunes problem. it just distorts so easily at low levels. i import my music at 192kbs at least if not higher and even the best quality music sounds distorts.
    im a musician and i record a lot. when im playing music out of garage band through headphones or speakers it sounds good. but once i send the song to itunes it sucks again, and thats at over 1000kbs.
    i have a high end recording interface and have tried running all the audio through that and it still doesn't sound good

does anyone know what might be going on?

any info would be appreciated. for anyone who loves music you know how annoying this can be!!!!

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

There are separate volume controls for your computer and for iTunes. Check to see if your iTunes control is at max or too high. Also, check your iTunes' equalizer to see if any of those settings are too high. Apple's computer speakers aren't great. What are you using?

You sound like you know what you're doing. I apologize if these suggestions are too elementary. :)

3. slammed thread starter macrumors newbie

when something isn't working then too elementary is good.
    im messing with the equalizer a bit and its sounding better.

im using a high end PA system with JBL speakers and nice powered mixer. i figured it wasn't that because when i hook my ipod up to it, it sounds amazing.

ill let you know if i can get a good equlization.

thanks

4. slammed thread starter macrumors newbie

the best is when i just turn off the equalizer altogether, which kinda sucks but at least its not cracking.