Sound in video clips in iMovie does not play

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Aarow, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Aarow macrumors 6502a

This is the first time I've used iMovie (5). I have a couple clips (.MPG) I dragged into it, messed around with a title screen, and now the sound doesn't play in them. The audio everywhere else is fine ( I added an audio clip to test it out).

I'm confused, and a little bit frustrated.

2. -DH macrumors 65816

MPEG is a delivery format - not intended for further editing. The reason you're not hearing the audio is most likely due to the file being muxed. You can use a program like MPEG Streamclip to demux the file and convert it into an editable format as well.

-DH

3. chrisjames03 macrumors newbie

hi there
    i have actually used imovie a couple of times in the last few months and created decent little movies with it. however, with my latest project (as with the user above) i have suddenly lost the sound from my video clips, both those already imported and also any i import later. furthermore, if i start a new project again there is no sound detectable with the clips i import.
    as with above, the audio elsewhere in the program is fine, including importing clips and voiceovers. i have tried the suggestion posted above but to no avail.
    this is incredibly frustrating, i have tried everything i can think of.
    thanks for your help
    chris

4. jer446 macrumors 6502a