Sound quality of iBook speakers?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by bill4588, Feb 20, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

bill4588

When I get an iBook do you recommend that I get speakers to replace the ones that are built into the ibook? Or are they good enough for music?

2. Guest

iGary

3. macrumors 65816

CoMpX

They are kinda all-right for music, but you will most likely want to get separate speakers. They have absolutely NO bass whatsoever.

4. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

What he said but more.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

bill4588

dang more money....this is going to be used in college so i dont have a ton of money lol.

6. macrumors newbie

I'm no expert but my Mum's got an ibook and the sound is fine for general use but if you're really into music (like me) then I would definately recommend you get external speakers.

7. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

One less beer each weekend night for a few weeks. Consider this your first college lesson.

8. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Yes the ibook speaker sucks arse....i can hear a ant chewing better than the ibook speaker.

Bless

9. macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

They're awful but with some equaliser tweaking you can make them sound slightly decent

10. macrumors 6502a

11. macrumors member

zoziw

Buy the iBook, take it home and give a listen. Once you agree with the other posters here that they suck you can go buy some external speakers. :)

Seriously, they are ok for the little blips and tings that an OS makes when you click on something you shouldn't and i don't even mind them for listening to streaming newscasts but not for music or anything meant to be enjoyed.

12. macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

You can get a decent set of speakers for pretty cheap now. I bought an Altec Lansing set for $35. 2 highs and a sub-woofer. For what they cost they kick ass. I believe these would be a great fit for a college student.

PS-oh yeah, the iBook speakers suck for music.

13. macrumors member

zathras

Some things sound ok - some sound bad. Just get it and try it out. Maybe invest in some nice headphones so as to not annoy your classmates :)