Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soundhound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
In system prefs I have sound input and output running through my FireWire audio interface, but like to have the Sound Effects come through the internal speakers. Whenever I restart, the Sound Effects setting reverts to the FireWire interface. Would this be happening? And is there a way to get it to retain the settings? Thanks.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
What's the Audio interface? Does it use drivers?
I have an Edirol FA-66, and have no problem maintaining setting between reboots.

Having said that, there do seem to be a lot of people posting at the moment with problems about System Preferences not being retained. Might be worth following a few similar threads.

You can always go to the <user>/Library/Preferences folder, sort it by Modification Date, change a preference, see what files get changed, and then open them in a text editor like TextWrangler, which automatically decodes plist files. Then you can see if the preference value is being saved, and investigate the file after reboot.

Note that "a bug" and "a problem on your computer" are two different things!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.