sound with my new 2007wfp monitor?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by apattee, Jan 10, 2007.

1. apattee macrumors regular

Oct 19, 2006
    so, great monitor - looks great next to my 17" powerbook. however, when i plugged my playstation into the composite input, there obviously is no sound. so how can i get the sound to play? i cannot figure it out so thanks for any help!
  2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Nov 17, 2004
    The Msp
    Well, the monitor has no speakers. You'd have to either buy speakers for it, or one of those soundbar (I think that's what Dell calls them) thingies that hooks up under the monitor.
  3. apattee thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 19, 2006
    so that's the only way? i can't hook them up to my computer speakers or external speakers that i have? anyway to connect normal audio cables to a headphone jack? i don't really like the look of the dell soundbar which is why i ask.
  4. iAussie macrumors member

Dec 14, 2006
    The red and white plugs from your Playstation carry the sound, and they dont need to go into the same physical device as the yellow one for the video.

Just go to your local electrical store and get a cord where one end lets you plug in those red and white plugs (called RCA plugs), and with the other end being the correct plug/s for whatever you want to plug it into (eg whatever your computer speakers use)