sound

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pahanorlando, Aug 30, 2006.

1. pahanorlando macrumors member

why in my apple sound is so little, is there any way to improve it?

2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Which Mac do you have? Portable/Smaller Macs just don't have room for big speakers. Have you considered buying external speakers?

3. pahanorlando thread starter macrumors member

I have black macbook for 1500$, is there any external speakers that I could put on monitor or something like that?
    and I read that they have 3 speakers inside, but it seems like only one speaker playing, its TOO quiet, shame on apple

4. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

I generally find that the speakers in my MacBook Pro aren't too bad, and the MacBook's are even better.

If you want a really good sounding portable speaker, then the best is the Tivoli iPal. I have one and use it regularly with my MacBook Pro. At £130 it is quite a lot, but it's one of the most fantastic portable speakers I've ever heard! It also has radio in it...

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Shame on Apple my arse. Are the speakers turned up? The MacBooks have two small speakers, right and left, that point towards the screen and reflect back towards the listener. Make sure both of them are working. They are loud enough for use in a quiet room - all you need from a laptop. If you need thumping sound you plug in some external speakers, there are a myriad of choices for external speakers.

The MacBook is a small, highly portable laptop, it has to make compromises somewhere to achieve it's weight and footprint. The MacBook Pro is larger and is designed more as a desktop replacement - as such they have more and bigger speakers but even then, for good sound you plug in speakers.

6. pahanorlando thread starter macrumors member

how do I make sure they working? and the sound is still too quiet, I've seen pcs same weight with way better speakers

7. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

Have you played with the volume? What apps are you using? Keep in mind that iTunes has its own volume control, for instance.

8. JurgenWigg macrumors 6502

JurgenWigg

If you take apart the macbook, you'll see three speakers - there's one pretty much right under the 8 key. They're very small, but you can see them on the ifixit guide...

9. pahanorlando thread starter macrumors member

what is ifixit guide?

10. JurgenWigg macrumors 6502

JurgenWigg

11. pahanorlando thread starter macrumors member

oh, I see, thanks, wow, the speakers are small as ****, but it looks like that they actually able to put bigger speakers