Sounds Familiar....

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by skunk, Jun 25, 2005.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Posted on Sat, Jun. 25, 2005

Funny how easily it translates...

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/world/11986338.htm

with apologies to the author

2. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

So when we invade Iran and Pakistan collapses and the US realizes it's at war with 250 million people, do you think manditory military service will include all Americans aged 18-40 or 18-50?

3. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Put it this way: your may want to keep your British citizenship and lose the other one...

4. takao macrumors 68040

takao

depends if the british gonna back the US or not ;)

5. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

What with?

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Any Congressman who backs the draft will be losing their jobs next election. It's political suicide, and they know it. That, and Bush promised there would be no draft. Well... actually, technically, he said there would be.

Maybe that wasn't a mistake... :eek:

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

If the world would let the Georges and the Dicks fight their own wars against the Saddams and Kims we wouldnt have war. Old farts who send in young men to die for their games. Truth is we never needed to go into Iraq. Terrorist were just the excuse for our Govt to grow the police state and sap up liberty. Osama was working with our Cia wasnt he not? Makes me sick when i think we were in bed with Saddam,and in bed with Osama. Now Iraq is a terrorist training ground. George should have listen to the lessons of vietnam. oh thats right he and Dick managed to avoid that one didnt they? real hero's,,,, real patriots :rolleyes: A lot of blood on the hands of a so called Bible thumper. makes me think he ignored the new testament and only uses the old. what is it now? 345 billion? almost 1800 of our lives lost.

Saddam isnt Osama
    911 was done by Saudi's not Iraqi's.............just 2 of many things this president spun into something else and the dumb puppy dogs in Congress just followed along looking for their next meal.

8. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

I always thought international politics took a turn for the worse when they abolished single combat.

9. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

You could be on to something. Its easy when you not the one getting shot at. It so easy to wage war if someone elses blood may be spilled isnt it? Mankind is a pathetic creature.

10. anonymous161 macrumors 6502

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    If everyone is drafted and off fighting a war, who the hell is gonna vote?
    The average american has no idea what their congress person voted for during their term. Add to that the fact that most ads during elections have been so negative and contradictory that the average person doesn't listen to them and you reduce voting to party lines, which has resulted in republican representation as of late.

So, who's for revolution?

11. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Perhaps the only consolation for this mess will be when all of the people who supported this ludicris president (with a lowercase 'P') of ours realize that the blood is on their hands too.

12. iGary Guest

iGary

I didn't vote for Bush this last time.

Did the first and regretted it.

I just wish it would be over with already.

Can someone find me a Democrat that will give me some tax breaks?

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

There are more important things in life than money. ;) I'd rather pay a few hundred more dollars and get a balanced budget. Not that the Bush plan gave me much back. And not that I was that happy with Kerry.

Maybe McCain will do better in '08.