Sounds

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jaredm, Jan 17, 2004.

1. jaredm macrumors newbie

Are the soft synth sounds that are included with the program any good? I have a kurzweil pc2 and I like the sounds on it. Anythings that sounds reasonably close to the sounds on a roland, yamaha, kurzweil, or korg synth would be alright. I'm also curious if there is a way to use a click track in the program. I'm curious if I'd be able to separate the click track into a mono track so that I can run the channel without the click to the board and the other channel to the drummer so that this app. would be useful in a live performance situation. This would be a great program if it could do these two things for me. Also, is there a way to do continious loops and then hit a key to go on to the next loop in the song. Apple came up with what appears to be a great product.

2. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

there is no way that GarageBand's synths will come close to your keyboard. i'd hang on to that, it's a very nice board. while i've heard from some that they are decent, they are not all that editable and you'll surely miss creating you own patches etc.