Soundsticks gone silent!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by mmmdreg, Jan 2, 2003.

1. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

I was just watching quicktime movie trailers and as i opened the first one, sounds proceeded to stop coming out of my speakers. the iSub light is still on and all but theres no sound at all...whats the deal?

2. yamadataro macrumors 6502

Go and check sound control panel (OS9) or System pref (OSX). Make sure everything's set correctly.

I've had a weird situation in which my TiBook had suddenly turned my speaker's sound output balance all the way to the right speaker. I thought my speaker was broken, but it turned out that the balance was automatically adjusted somehow!!!!

Another solution: go and check your bank's remaining amount to see if you have enough money to buy another one :D

3. mmmdreg thread starter macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

I restarted and it was fine..strange...but I still haven't fixed a previous problem where the keyboard volume controls cant control the soundsticks until I click on the computer speakers and then back on the soundsticks in the sound prefs...like i have to do that every login to make it work...

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

If you ever need new speakers get the JBL creature speakers.
    Those are awesome ;).

5. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

write an apple script to do it for you.

6. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

odd, i dont have any such problems with my iBook.

if your sound goes out on you again, try an easier fix. just take out the usb plug, wait a few seconds, then put it back in. that should work without any rebooting.