Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wide

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 17, 2004
NYC
Hi, I have the first version of the SoundSticks that connect to a computer via a USB port. They are great speakers, but it is unfortunate that I am unable to connect them to my iPod or a friend's when he is over. I recently saw that harmon/kardon upgraded the SoundSticks to SoundSticks II. Basically, they made the sound a little better (or so they say), but the most major thing that they did was make it possible to listen to music via a headphone jack, without a USB port. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to convert the USB to a headphone jack. Does anyone know if this is possible? thanks

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Sorry Man, I think you are just SOL. You could always run the device throught you Mac and output the sound throught the soundsitcks. I have soundsticks, and wouldn't trade the USB Interface for the world. If others want to hear my iPod, have them buy a radio (like an iEar) and listen to it over my iTrip, or to my CD Player via my iRock.

TEG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.