Soundsticks or Creatures?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shawsinio, May 31, 2006.

1. shawsinio macrumors regular

i want to buy some speakers to hook up to my macbook (on its way), but am torn between the soundsticks and the creatures. I dont have an apple store nearby, otherwise i would drop in and see how they sound. I presume the soundsticks give better quality sound (higher price), but is the extra cash justified? i want to use them as a hi-fi basically!

many thanks for all your replies

shawsinio

2. Kalns macrumors regular

Kalns

I got the sound sticks last October and wow, those things are really incredible. I had heard the creatures and they were impressive too, but amazon had a special deal going on for the soundsticks that I couldn't resist. I think you'll find they both have great sound, but in my opinion the soundstick are more aestetically pleasing.

3. KingSleaze macrumors 6502

I agree, I love the looks and sound of my soundsticks (including the isub powered subwoofer).

4. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

I own white creatures and I love mine. The soundsticks look just didn't do it for me, I think the "clear" look is outdated. Although thats my opinion and I'll respect other people that like them, I've also only heard good things about their sound output.

5. recentgrad macrumors member

the creatures are $66 on amazon. is this a pretty good deal?

Also, I'm not exactly sure that the soundsticks are worth another $60. Any thoughts?

6. ricksbrain macrumors regular

I have the original Soundsticks. Love them-- but much better using Octiv's iTunes plug-in (I'm not affiliated).

$60 is fairly significant, so I'd try them out and see what you like.

7. shawsinio thread starter macrumors regular

thanks guys,

i think i will go for the soundsticks, i have abit of money atm, and evreyone seems pretty pleased with them!

thanks again

shawsinio