Soundsticks v Soundsticks II - worth upgrading? Or Creatures maybe?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ascender, Oct 7, 2006.

1. ascender macrumors 68000

I've had my Sound Sticks since they first came out and I've been delighted with them, but with a shiny new iMac on its way, I was looking to change my speakers. I was just wondering if thew Sound Sticks II are noticeably better than the originals, has anyone else upgraded?

Also, does anyone know how they compare to the Creatures?

Thanks

Mike.

2. mulletman13 macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

I've had the Creatures and the SoundSticks II. The Creatures are great speakers themselves, but the Soundsticks produce a fuller/crisper sound.

I don't mean to say the Creatures are bad, they are great little speakers =)

JBL Invaders however, are pretty damn good, and IMO have a bit more clarity than the SoundSticks. I also had a set of Logitech Z5500's which I didn't care for, so now I moved back to a simple 2.1 Klipsch ProMedia setup.

... still need to sell my SoundSticks II =\

3. i4k20c macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

please pm me with a price if you'd still like to sell them. :eek:

to the OP; as i was searching for reviews on the soundsticks since i'm in the market for some speakers, the II's don't seem to be that much better, most people insisted it wasn't worth spending $100 to upgrade. :(

4. ascender thread starter macrumors 68000

Hmm, maybe I should just stick with them then. Its incredible when you think how long they've been around for now, that there is still nothing out there in the market that looks as good as them.

5. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

My friend has the Creature II's, and i have the Soundstick II's. Mine blow his away on quality, looks, loudness, clarity...everything. Get the soundstick II's!

6. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I love the quality out of SoundSticks II, and they look awesome. I gave mine away to my son since he's in a band and listens to stuff more than I. He was a happy camper. :)

7. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Are the sound sticks or the creatures 5.1? Sorry just in the market for some true 5.1 speakers for the MBP