Soundtrack Pro and Motion power?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by archosage, May 21, 2005.

1. archosage macrumors newbie

May 11, 2005
    How much power would be sufficient to run Soundtrack Pro and Motion 2? I was planning on a iMav G5 2 ghz with 2GB of ram, but am unsure on how well it would run each program? Would I be able to work efficiently with this setup? Also, I'll be working with final cut studio, and FCP, so would a 17" really hinder me when video editing than a 20" iMac? I want to ask video editors for their opinions because I will be new to pro/prosumer video editing on a mac desktop.
  2. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

Mar 3, 2004
    the great OKLAHOMA....
    That will work fine. Motion is definitely the hardest program to run.... but it will... Just max the ram out.

I had to edit a post-production hdv video for a amateur video team using a 450mhz Cube... so Editing doesn't take quite as much power.... (just alot of headaches!)

3. virus1 macrumors 65816

Jun 24, 2004
    my 1.42 GHz mac mini runs soundtrack pro fine, so don't worry about that. motion is the big problem..
  4. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

Jul 29, 2004
    Motion is all about the video card. System memory doesn't make much of a difference. It's gonna chug on that stock 9600.
  5. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    Soundtrack Pro is really laggy for me on my Dual 1.8Ghz PM. I think the app still needs quite a bit of optimization.
  6. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

Sep 21, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    . . . but not nearly as badly as it would with the nVidia 5200.