Soundtrack Pro

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Bob Jovi, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Bob Jovi macrumors regular

Hi,

I'm going to be editing lots of clips together from different programmes and adding music to it. These clips have the voice overs and the music ontop of one another. Will soundtrack pro be powerful enough to remove some of the background music so that it won't clash with my own music that I'll be adding.

Thanks

2. amiga macrumors 6502

amiga

Are the voice over's and music on individual audio tracks? or merged together on one? If they are on separate tracks you can just mute the music channel. Otherwise I'm not sure there is a way of separating the two. You could just mess about with the volume in-between the speech but it probably would sound pretty bad.

Other people might know better than me...

3. Bob Jovi thread starter macrumors regular

no the two tracks are merged together. i was wondering if through eq and other effects I would be able to raise the volume of the voice over and lower the volume of the music.

Thanks

4. gwangung macrumors 65816

Doubtful, without changing the character of the sound.

It would depend on the frequencies of the music and voice. With a light, higher pitched voice, and music that's pretty much bass, I think you could silence the upper frequencies and retain much of the music. Otherwise, probably not...

5. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

Soundtrack Pro has a very useful function to remove a constant background noise (which, when used carefully, can work very well), but nothing to distinguish between voices and music, as far as I have seen.

- Martin