Source code for send sms from Iphone to Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone/iPad Programming' started by pakkocool, Jul 9, 2011.

1. pakkocool, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2011

macrumors newbie

Hi ... I'm a little new in this world ... but I'm doing development on Iphone ... is an application that sends SMS and images from iPhone to iPhone but free, that is, I need to do something similar to how textie.me. I wonder if anyone has had experience in this type of application, what kind of code, API's, etc..

Thanks!

2. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

There is no API for this. Textie works by having their own server that each and every "free" message talks to via a network connection. This server has a bridge for SMS to US phone numbers only. Unless you are willing to maintain similar infrastructure you're going to struggle.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello, I have all the necessary infrastructure and servers. I would like to know which details I will need? SMS bridges? I want to implement this in Sweden but, I don't have knowledge about this!

So, I need a little help :)

If you can contact us via Skype?
    MSN: jose.sinisterra@ingenieros.com

:eek:

4. macrumors 68020

macingman

I have no real information to offer here I just want to let you know this feature has just been implemented in iOS5 for free so I'm not sure it's such a good idea pursuing (if you don't know already).