Sources for the Mac vs PC debate.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by diegozuniga, Sep 11, 2006.

1. diegozuniga macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am writting a paper on the advantages of Mac's over PC's and I need some creadible sources for the paper. Does anybody now of any literature on this subject that I can use??? Organizational Web-sites, journal articles, books??? I want to write a very in depth paper on the subject, so the more sources the better. Thank you in advance.

Diego

P.S. I apologize in advance if this thread is under the wrong forum.

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

3. PCMacUser macrumors 68000

PCMacUser

Wikipedia is not considered a credible source by many universities.

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Just like the advantages of mac vs pc is subjective to the person?????

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

i don't buy this, the author even compare the calculators of windows vs. mac OSX? what kind of "not important" issue is he comparing?

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

does that matter? he can well track back the more "credible" sources from wiki's refs.

7. furious macrumors 65816

furious

word thats what i do:p

8. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

You picked THAT as a topic to write a paper about? Wow, the educational system really is failing its young people. How about something important like poverty, health care, cuts in education spending, the overwhelming number of scientists and engineers nations like India and China are graduating versus the United States....

Macs vs. PCs??? Really???

If you want to do something Mac-related, how about the tangible impacts (customer expectations, stock prices, investor relations, competitor advantage) of rumors from rumor sites and legitimate news sources like the Wall Street Journal on companies LIKE Apple and others.

9. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

what about how Apple doesn't tell the public what/when they are releasing? most other companies don't have events like apple does, or least not as many

10. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Probably couldn't find a lot of research on that, though it's an interesting idea. The "buzz" model Apple has created for itself by NOT disclosing it's plans until the products are ready for release. This creates an astounding amount of free press and publicity, vastly moreso than ANY other company on the planet. Something more academic and thought out that "Macs vs. PCs". That horse has been beaten over, and over, and over, and...it makes you look like a complete geek with very few redeeming qualities of mental fiber...really...it does.

11. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

well i like xvsxp, but that leads to the xpvsx site, xvsxp being pro osx xpvx being pro xp, kinda interesting to see how the compared. i agree with movie cutter though. a paper on macs vs windows........

12. McGiord, Sep 11, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

13. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

maybe not a lot of research on it, but Apple is one of the only ones who does it, and they have been very successful. that in itself you could use, and compare with Dell's numbers that do not hold events like Apple does.

i agree that Macs vs. PCs has been beaten quite a bit. but with recent changes, it's not a total wrong thing to do. now that you can boot windows on a Mac, it does change it a little

14. McGiord, Sep 11, 2006

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Isn't This Forum Credible Enough

LOOK AROUND IN THE PC WORLD...DO YOU THINK THEY ALSO DO THIS KIND OF THINGS...THIS IS ONE OF YOUR BEST CREDIBLE SOURCES...:D

:rolleyes: MADE ON A MAC!!!
    ________
    buy herbalaire

15. diegozuniga thread starter macrumors newbie

Regarding subject

Yes, my topic maybe kind of broad and general, but it is for my English II class and it is basically a busy work class. I am much more ocuppied with my other classes as to spend several hours researching in depth subjects that i do not know that much about. I have huge projects for my senior desing class for which i spend the majority of my time and researching efforts. I am aware that it is sort of an old and beaten subject, but here in West Texas Apple is still regarded as problematic computer. I promise that in future paper, the subject matter will be more contravertial.

16. McGiord, Sep 11, 2006
  17. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

You mean controverSial? It's not a matter of controversy, it's a matter of depth and quality of subject matter, but seeing as this appears to be for a high school class, I'd say go for it.