Sourcing good die-cut & folding printer solution

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by nfable, Feb 4, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Hi folks, sent out some quotes to printers that the Goog served up, but I'd like to know if anyone could recommend a printer that can offer custom die-cut and folding services. I'm designing some tap-handle inserts for a brewery and they want an accordion-style piece of paper that can fold to display whatever the current brew is.

Any help is appreciated,
    thx,
    nf

2. macrumors demi-god

firedept

Where are you located?

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Southern U.S.

4. macrumors demi-god

firedept

Call a local print shop. Explain what you are trying to get done. Ask them who they would recommend. Most print shops will have several trade die-cut shops they will use. Each specializing in certain products. They should be able to send you in the right direction. Call a larger print company as they be doing more diversified work.

5. macrumors regular

have you checked out foldfactory.com?

there's not a single place on the site that lists all of the companies who will do that sort of work...but scattered throughout - the Resources section, and some of the examples that Trish uses in her blog - mention specific firms by name.

6. thread starter macrumors regular

I'm thankful for the suggestions, I'll vet 'em out. Nextdayflyers.com looks like a contender so far based on the quote I've gotten, though my client would have to fold the product themselves: not so bad with a pre-score made.

thx,
    nf

7. macrumors member

-----

You could check with "Advanced Letterpress" in Portland, OR.

MSD