South Park just keeps getting better and better

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rend It, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Rend It macrumors 6502

Who saw tonight's episode? Only Matt and Trey could somehow combine the PSP with the issue of persistive vegetative states. This season has been exceptionally good so far. Anyone see the hippie episode?

-RendIt

2. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Dang, I missed another South Park episode. I love this show and will most likely just catch it on reruns. South Park has so many classic episodes, like the WallMart one, the Special Olympics one, the one where Jesus assualts Bagdhad, the one where... :p

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I caught the ending, I wonder what they were referring too. :rolleyes:

4. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

they must be pretty quick to keep up with the current news....

5. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

That was the first episode of SouthPark I have missed in a very long time. Guess I will have to wait for a re-run this weekend or find it online somewhere...

6. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Honestly I feel just the opposite. I got a couple of laughs last night (the angel sniffing the permanent marker was pretty amusing). The one from last week (Wing?) was possibly the worst episode I've ever seen. I don't think I laughed once.

Unfortunately I missed the episode where Mr. Garrison gets a sex change operation, which I'm *sure* was funny...I'm going to have to find that somewhere.

7. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

i'm impressed as to how quickly they keep up with the episodes, and what is going on around the world.

8. huck500 macrumors 6502

huck500

South Park

They make the show the week before it airs...and I agree, it hasn't reached its peak yet...

9. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Am I the only person who caught the parody/rip of the film The Last Starfighter?

10. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I read that when pressured they could do an entire episode from writing to finished in 2 days.

11. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Ha! I didn't catch that, but yeah!

What I want to know is if Kenny is so dirt poor, how can he afford a PSP?

12. rock6079 macrumors 6502

oh man the hippie episode was soooo funny.. especially considering im a huge phish or "fish" as it was fan.

13. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-MattG

It was the season premiere. And to say the least - like the "Paris Hilton" one, it was a jaw dropper.

14. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

i reckon that SP has to be one of the best shows on TV. I have no idea were they get all their ideas from... But i have to say that last nights one was exceptional :D

15. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Answer #1) Plot device, do not touch.

Answer #2) I know plenty of "poor" people who have expensive toys like that, usually in significantly greater quantity than my own. Some people choose to spend their money on non-essentials like the most expensive cable television package, designer clothes, and daily trips to McDonalds and then wonder why they live in a double-wide whilst driving a beat up old station wagon.

16. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

MAJOR respect to them for making that episode. I hope someone makes her watch it so she can see what 99% of people think of her. Stuipd spoiled whore :)

17. tristan macrumors 6502a

It was so funny!!! I was trying to describe it to my wife over the phone and was like "and Kenny was dead, but they brought him back, only now he was a vegetable and cartman wanted to pull the plug so he could get the playstation and all the angels were like 'Pull the plug! It's God's will!' And then they wouldn't pull the plug and they'd say 'God Damn It'..."

And she just thought I was nuts...

18. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

It's been hit or miss this season, but this was a good episode. They can't all be good, there's always going to be a "Towlie" or, worse, that one where Cartman pretends to be Butters' robot. Especially when they have to rush an episode. But some are really good because they wait til the last minute.

Only problem is my Tivo cut off the very end. Good thing they rerun it a hundred times. :D

19. brap macrumors 68000

Reasonably funny, clever tie-in with current affairs. I dunno, not enough Cartman for my liking. And who was Satan's newest lover supposed to be, anyway?

20. tristan macrumors 6502a

AWESOME-O

I gotta say that most of that AWESOME-O episode was hysterical... just the ending was kinda lame. Any episode with both Cartman and Butters is a winner.

21. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Like the Casa Bonita episode...? :p

The AWESOME-O episode was pretty funny...

22. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

There was an interview not to long ago and in one part they were saying that they have monster computers to do the silly animations. They were using Soft Image or Alias Power Animator a long time ago if I remember well. All they have to do is to program all the variables once and then with any Midi device or who knows what sincronize everything with the voices. They may actually do an episode in 2 days I would say. With a few good animators that would be it.

23. 7on macrumors 601

7on

yeah, it is some sort of 3D software as I've seen wireframes for it somewhere...

24. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

If I'm not mistaken, it was a throwback to one of those old SuperFriends cartoons. The bad guy Darkseid's assistant/toady. Or one of the many copy's of that character since. Correct me if I'm wrong.

25. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Awesome-O was probably my favorite episode from last season!