South Shore Mall Apple Store, Braintree

Discussion in 'Community' started by wdlove, Aug 5, 2005.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Is anyone going to attend the opening at the South Shore Mall Apple Store, Braintree in the morning?

What time do you plan to arrive?

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

3. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

Yes, I will be there in the morning at 10AM when it opens. Gonna get a mighty mouse!

4. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

They didn't have any mighty mouses in stock :p i got my Tshirt ><! YAY!!!! and i got halo, going back there next week at 4AM (they told me they opening at 6AM on the 13th) so i can get my new powerbook

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

if only school was in session and i was up in Milton. Anyway anyone got any pics.

6. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

Wow, it was more crowded than I thought it'd be! I got in line at 10AM, and luckily there was still a few mighty mouses in stock. So far, I really like it.

I've never been to an apple store before, and I must say I am impressed at the store design. I've never seen such elegance in a store.

I did not bring my camera, however.

7. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

they told me they didn't have any :/ and i got in line at 9AM

8. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

Really? Did you check in the middle part of the store (ontop of the shelves) right behind the cashiers?

9. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

I was in the Cambridge Side Galleria Apple Store about an hour ago and they didn't have any Mighty Mice(?) in stock anymore. A shop assistant told me they had sold out within an hour :eek:

10. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I talked to the people in the store and they told me they never got any in for a shipment

those bastards ><!

11. me101 macrumors newbie

photo's of the store opening :)

http://flickr.com/photos/me101z

Lots of good piccies, long lines, the back wall looks great... even managed to get a shot of the first purchase, a colour ipod.

I was also told that they did not have any MM's by multiple store associates... not sure what the box looked like, BUT they did have a bunch of ipod's and other "precious" merchandise located on the display shelving right behind the POS's at the front of the store...

My experience in the apple store on saturday at the grand opening was excellent, helpful staff, not too crowded even at the start, the organisers didn't let the crowd swell inside, as blocks of shoppers left, a fresh block from the long line outside were allowed to enter...

As you can see from the photo's and if you were there on saturday, the line was 3 and 4 deep, and stretched for quite a bit down the length of the plaza main floor.

I left around 10:30am, happy in the knowledge that there is an apple store like 2 mins from my house, I intend to go back up sometime this wek to have a more relaxed nose around.

I read on the Apple employment website that they are looking for staff for an apple store in the Derby St. Shops mini-mall location in Hingham, M. A very ritzy local with lots of high-end designer brands (Talbots etc...). I walked past a vacent unit on saturday and it would be an excellent location for one of their mini-stores.

I'll spruce up my resume and fire it off, you never know!

12. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

I saw them there last thursday

wow the Braintree store is HUGE

13. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

I went again today and they had plenty ;)

14. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

Yeah, behind the Cashiers inside the shelved they had iPods and stuff, but ontop of the shelve there was a ton of Mighty Mice.

The lady in the back corner near the accessories (Keyboard, mice, etc) walked me up there because she also wanted to check if they had any in stock. Turns out they did!

I too had a great experience. The staff was excellent, store design was amazing, and so are the products.

15. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

do they have special discounts on opening day like 10% off everything or so? i'm thinking about a powermac and i'm waiting for the bulington mall store to open.

16. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

seems nice. very big. wish it had a theater, but now i'm looking forward to go to school :D