Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trojanman2011

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2007
In Stock at The Grove

I got mine today from the grove. Was there about 2:30 and they still had HD and SSD versions in stock.

Give them a call before you go. They'll let you know if they still have them in stock.

barefeats

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2000
found SSD model at Chula Vista, CA

I called all three Apple Retail stores in San Diego County. I called the business rep of all three stores. The Fashion Valley store told me they would not be carrying the MBA with SSD. "You must order those online." (I tried that but it would have have arrived until the third week of Feb.)

The Chula Vista store rep said they would be getting the SSD model and he'd call me as soon as they came it. On Monday, Feb 4th, he called at 9AM. I've got the 1.8GHz with SSD. If you can come today, I'll hold it for you. It's a 70 mile drive from my house to that store but I gladly made the drive.

If you call them or go there, ask for Evan or Philip.

tapeguy

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2008
Northridge, CA has both models

I got a 1.6, 80G today at Northridge. The sales guy told me I did get the last superdrive. He said they had "a few" of both models.

etaylor3971

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2007
SD - Fashion Valley - in stock!

I called Fashion Valley about 130pm today and the rep answering said they had both models in stock, so I swung by and bought the base model (8% discount for government/armed services personnel).

When I first walked through the door, the alarm for one of the display units was going off with security standing by it was quickly fixed.

What was surprising was that I walked up to the genius bar to make my purchase, the rep asked me who had helped me today (no one had, I had already made up my mind and bypassed the display units which were in use), so she summoned (her friend?) to help me.

The only "help" I received from him was a hard sell for Apple Care for the unit - I politely declined and said I understood I had time to add it later if I wanted and he shook his head and said "well if you're like me..." insinuating that I would forget to add it later in the necessary window. So I again politely declined his offer and he says "well don't blame me if you something happens and you haven't purchased Apple Care" --

I assured him I wouldn't come looking for him in that event (nor will I look for him again if I should purchase from this store in the future).

Is there a nice commission for selling Apple Care at time of purchase?

By the way, I love the MBA -- it's better than I expected, was quick and easy to set up and I got my Sprint Novatel Ovation U720 up and running flawlessly (well, with a USB extender anyway).

Cancelled my on-line order (was due to ship 2/25) too.

Cheers!

Eric

PS. Today was my birthday, so I was especially pleased to score one.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.