SouthPark and Reno 911 Connection?

Discussion in 'Community' started by firewire2001, Aug 18, 2004.

1. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

Apr 2, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Hey, I dunno if anyone has every seen SouthPark Episode 203 called "ChickenLover". It's the classic episode where Cartman runs around saying "Respect my aw-thore-aw-tay".

The episode has a lot of scenes that really look like possible inspiration for Reno 911.

What do you think?
  2. Spizzo macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2004
    Pacific NW
    Either that, or drugs...There have been a few Reno episodes that have funny parts, but for the most part, I cant watch that show.
  3. starcrossed macrumors regular

May 3, 2003
    San Antonio,TX
    Man, I love Reno 911!. It's one of the few comedy shows on television I will actually laugh at. I just think the each character on the show is so hilarious in their own way. My favorites are the Lt. Dangle, the gay lieutenat, and especially when they Terry the Rollerskating Prostitute comes on. Priceless.
  4. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    Actually they thought up Reno 911 long before South Park. The got together back while doing MTV's The State. It was originally planned as a Fox show. They pitched it as just an improvised reality spoof, and since Fox had Cops, they decided to do it about police officers. Since Fox passed, and they did Viva Variety for Comedy Central, they decided to dust off the idea and give it a go. I was just reading about this the other day. Kinda funny when it first came on. It was kinda like, "where do I know those people from? Oh yeah!" Pretty funny sometimes, but it is improvised, so it can lag sometimes too.