Southwest Sucks Part Deux

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iGary, Aug 1, 2006.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

So I am sitting at BWI right now in the boarding area for a Southwest flight to Jakcksonville.

I get in line (preprinted my stupid "A" boarding pass) when everyone starts to crowd toward the door.

Turns out they have a flight to Kansas City leaving at 7:30 and my flight leaves at 7:40...from the same gate. So there are two flights worth of confused people (I'm sitting down waiting for my flight now), half of whom are trying to get to Kansas City and the other half Jacksonville and the lady is stupid enough to yell at people for being in line for Jacksonville even though that is what it says above the gate.

I hate this airline.

A lot.

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Are there cameras nearby?

Perhaps, you could start your own show!

3. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Airline! where are they when you want to complain Gary? oh wait, you've already been on the show once. :eek: :p

yeah they do suck and thats why i'll never fly them unless the tickets are free. :D

5. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

What what whatty? iGary's been on Airline? I love watching that, just seeing the airlines getting really uncomfortable. It's great.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

yeah he has a thread on it back somewhere, was a while back now... time for another round?

7. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Just to let you know PoD, your avatar is really creepy.

8. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

And yet smoker loves them like a dog in heat™.

9. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

10. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

HA! Front page opens up, I see the words South and West next to each other and I got all excited - I knew I was running short on my daily GaryRant quota...

Beyond that, Gary, I am so sorry. You fit in well with my parents, my wife and I. None of us will FLY-SWA unless there is absolutely nothing within $30. We've generally gotten lucky and found flights on Continental or Delta that beat them. If you're willing to chance one of the 10 long term spots at Greenbelt being open (and riding Metro), you might get lucky with a good deal out of DCA - we do at least once a year. Just don't forget your special plastic card...

11. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

This is why i will pay the extra $ to use United or some other airline that has assigned seating. I really hate the cow herd mentality of Southwest. I flew southwest once, thats all it took for me to realize that the money savings wasnt worth it to me.

Something to think about, i heard from a friend that works in the commercial aviation industry that Southwest is thinking to go to assigned seating instead of cow herding. Not sure how much truth or weight there is to this rumor though.

Ed

12. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

I made it on alright - they switched gates. :rolleyes:

Packed plane and some 300 pound guy had his laptop, a DVD player and his pillow in the two seats next to him and argued when asked to take up only one seat.

I need my own plane.

13. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

want to go in together on a private jet?

14. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

that's what you get when you pay next-to-nothing for a ticket. what do you think about southwest going to assigned seating? it seems like you'd be for it, but maybe you're just frustrated now and secretly love getting the A boarding pass and feeling more superior than the B and C boarding pass people. mwahahahaha!!!

i feel special when i get an A boarding pass... is there something wrong with that?

15. aristobrat macrumors G4

Funny. There were a few Airline! episodes where it appeared that anyone with a BMI over 24.9 was asked to purchase two tickets.

IMO, SouthWest is the Greyhound of the skies.

16. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

AA or nothing at all. why wouldn't they assign seats...idiots would be taking up two seats...one for them and the other for the laptop.

Me: Hi, I would like to sit there..Seat 26E
    FatGuy: My laptop is sitting there
    :confused:

**Toss laptop in seat 2A with a smile:) **

The End

Bless

17. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

You do when there is no other airline that flies into JAX for less than 200 bucks. Doesn't mean they don't suck.

18. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Yes, Southwest isn't all that it's cracked up to be, even worse, you're flying out of BWI. ;)

Let's just say I hate BWI, they had us on the ground for over an hour sitting on the tarmac before we were allowed to take off and fly to Albany. It was terrible.

19. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

JetBlue is supposed to be coming to Jacksonville soon! :D

20. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Thank God. I loves me some Jet Blue. Thay are like the Apple of the skies.

21. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

your experience with southwest is nothing compared to what I had to deal with more than once.

I had a flight from Jacksonville to Ft. Lauderdale, and by the time the flight was supposed to be, the plane was then loading passengers from Birmingham. So my arrival time in FLL was my departure time in Jacksonville. I hated it. :mad:

22. imacintel macrumors 68000

Me to- I choose CanJet. Something similar, CanJet?

23. adk macrumors 68000

adk

Belive it or not, Travel + Leisure magazine's annual survey had southwest in the top 10.

24. Queso macrumors G4

Coming soon, to an airport near you....

Image030.jpg

25. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

how did you get online at bwi? i tried, but all i saw was t-mobile which i couldnt connect to :( . oh well. i'm glad your flight went well.

same here