Sox world series tickets

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jon'sLightBulbs, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Jon'sLightBulbs macrumors 6502a

Jan 31, 2005
    How hard are these to get? I know they're online and order by phone only. Are most of the tickets already reserved for season ticket holders?
  2. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

Feb 27, 2005
    Northern California
    I know with the Giants in 2002 they were way easy to get if you have the money, but the tickets at face value were really hard to get. The regular priced tickets were ridiculously hard to get as people were camping out for 2-4 days for the $100 tickets. The first tickets go to the season ticket holders, then the people who have signed up for season tickets the following year, and finally they go out to the general public. Once the tickets are sold out there will be tons of tickets at ticket brokers and on eBay. Those are the ones that will cost you. My Dad and I love the Giants, but we couldn't spend the $1000 just for one game. I have a feeling White Sox tickets will probably be about 60% of that, because there will be a lot more tickets available. (SF had like 35,000 season tickets for a 41,000 people stadium.)
  3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

Mar 20, 2003
    Bay Area
    hope for your sake they will be easier to get than red sox world series tickets last year. Those were essentially impossible to get at face value, and 10x face value is probably conservative from "resellers." :eek:

Hell, regular season Red Sox-Yankees tickets can go $100 for a single bleacher seat. Wacky Red Sox fans! :p
  4. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

Jul 22, 2002
    Tacoma, WA
    Considering I saw empty seats at US Cellular field for the ChiSox games, I'm pretty sure you won't have too much trouble to get them.

5. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

Apr 21, 2003
    washington dc

of course they'll be hard to get, esp for a team that hasn't been to a series in 50+ years...

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    It is always worthwhile stopping by the ticket booth on gameday.

I was in St Louis last year for game 6 of the Championship Series - a must-win for St Louis. The tickets were, of course, long gone but we stopped by the ticket booth on game day (4 of us at different times before resorting to scalpers) in case there were any returns.

One pair got two lower right field and we got upper tier, right behind home plate.
  7. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

Jul 22, 2002
    Tacoma, WA

So a league championship series isn't good enough for the folks in Chi Town? It's a great indicator to how hard it is to get World Series tickets (I'm from Boston, I would know from last year. I would also know from trying to go to previous world series and the associated prices of tickets).

I'm not saying that the games won't sell out (god, I hope that doesn't happen), I'm just saying, don't expect to have to pay 5 grand a ticket like last year.

8. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Dec 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    I was in Chicago this weekend, came back today. Internet and phone was the only way to score tickets. A limit of four per a household. And only for one game.

Even at $125 starting (IIRC), this locks out many of the Southside faithful from what I understand about the Sox fans.

Though till noon yesterday, those buying season tickets would be guaranteed a ticket(s) to the Series. Sox's Fever has struck Chicago.

Attached Files: