SP867 VS, DP800

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ou_phidelt, Mar 1, 2004.

1. ou_phidelt macrumors newbie

I am curretnly debating between theese two systems. I will use mainly for music, internet, iTunes, folding, and posioned. I am typically running all of them a them at the same time. Now from the research I have done it seems that the 867 will run these types of programs individually faster than the dual will. Will Panther divy these programs up to both processors? Since the programs themselves(not counting iTunes) are not DP aware will the OS make up for it. From the early reviews it seemes like it would but they were fo?

Thanks

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I run a number of things on a dual 800 and I can tell you that the operating system indeed moves things around to utilise the two processors. Besides that, the 67 MHz is not a huge jump in a comparison of single processor machines.

Folding runs pretty well on both processors but I can certainly tell when I'm playing games or running Photoshop or iTunes but most things do not disturb folding much at all.