Space Shuttle Columbia

Discussion in 'Community' started by Gus, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Wow, I couldn't believe the news when I woke this morning. How terrible. I remember when I was a kid watching news footage of Columbia taking off for the first time back in 1981. I even wrote a letter to Reagan asking to be the first kid in space. I only hope it was quick. It's easy to forget how dangerous space travel is nowadays.

By the way, did you notice Apple's front page has changed the image on the 20" display to a field of flowers? Remids me of the Yeats poem.

Regards,
    Gus

2. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Yea, I was really distraught today. I was watching the Challenger live when it went up. Crazy. I just pray for their families. I also hope that they went quick.

Yea, they had the shuttle on the 20 inch. Very curtious of them to change it.

3. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

the last time i felt this way was when challenger blew up...there are so many launches and landings of the shuttle that when something happens, it is very shocking

now as i hear the stories of the astronauts and their personal lives, it makes me really sad...especially for the families