Space Tourism Gets Another Boost!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mr. Anderson, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

After announcing a $50 Million prize - http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/bigelow_spaceprize_040927.html - for a reusable launch vehicle to successfully dock with a crew to they're inflatable spacehab module, they've managed to get an FAA-AST go ahead

This is huge - if these inflatable enclosures make it to orbit, they'll provide more space than anything else available right now. Earth Orbiting Hilton......

D

2. mvc macrumors 6502a

mvc

Is it just me or does that thing need some windows??? :p

3. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ha, windows would be nice, but I think that its only going to be the habitation section and there will be other sections used for observation. Still a great idea and some really nice incentive. Although I think 2010 might be a little too soon to see some sort of commercial orbital spacecraft.

D

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It seems to be an idea that is well worth trying. Interesting that the company must be based and run in the United States. I think that having a goal of 2010 is a good idea. Having a set time will have a way of jump starting the project. It definitely worked for President Kennedy.