Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dontlosetouch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
It's a little sticky, can I pull it out without breaking the thing? I'm a n00b (obviously) and dont know how the keyboard is connected etc

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
are you on a notebook or are we talking the full-size Apple keyboard? i've never pulled the spacebar off a notebook, so i can't help you there. i know the spacebar comes off quite easily from the full-size Apple keyboard and can be replaced just as easily. i don't know if removing it will really solve your problem, though.

comictimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Berkeley, California
it's definitely doable on a notebook, just a bit tough to put back cause it's attached in two places. I'd practice and figure out how to put keys back by taking on and off a less useful key, like enter or something, so that you are sure you know how to put them back. I had to take off most of the keys on my powerbook and clean them cause it got soda spilled on it. Unfortunately I started with the shift key... all the other keys were fine, but something happened to the shift and it kept falling off after that...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.