Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stuartrozier

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2011
Hello,

Im wanting to start using spaces.
When i click the '+' symbol to create another space, all the times on my desktop are duplicated over onto thats second space, an third etc.

So i went into preferences, mission control, and toggled the 'displays have separate spaces' checkbox ...

but its not doing what i want lol ...

Im wanting to create a separate space, but without duplicating the first one, is this possible ?

Many thanks in advance

stuart

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Are you talking about the desktop icons/files? If so, that's not the intent of Spaces. Spaces is intended as a way to organize open applications, not a way to organize desktop files.

stuartrozier

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2011
thank you for quick reply,

yes i the icons, i.e... i created a folder on desktop1, swiped across to desktop2, and the same folder was their -

i think I've done something though ? > before i was able to have a folder on desktop 1..... and create a serrate folder on desktop 2....

ie... have different folder, files for each desktop

many thasnks

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
I'm not sure you've done something wrong, I'm fairly certain Spaces is working as intended.

Mcmeowmers

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2015
It is working as intended. I would be interested in having a separate desktop folder for each space too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.