Spazzing Mouse

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Ragnaros, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Ragnaros macrumors newbie

As I try to use my mouse I'll try to go in a certain direction and sometimes it'll shoot back. So if I'm trying to go right it'll shoot back left. It's not just my mouse that does this, but also the trackpad. I've went into System Preferences to change the mouse speed and if I had to say when this mouse spazzum is most common - it'd be when I move the mouse very fast. But even when I barely move the mouse, at a very slow rate it will still shoot back, sometimes even farther back then when I started. It can be fixed by a restart but after maybe after 2 hours I have to restart again because it starts to get unbearable. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.:)

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

See if it happens when logged in as another user (create one if you need to).

3. Ragnaros thread starter macrumors newbie

Now the dock is freezing up. It will only magnify (which it is set to do) when I perform an action with it... like emptying the trash, putting an item in the dock; opening an application does not make it magnify however. When I do magnify it, it won't go back down unless I perform another action on it. When I go over the bar it doesn't even show application names.

Are the two problems possibly connected?

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow