Speak now, or forever hold your peace

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by stoid, Sep 17, 2003.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I'm thinking of buying a new high-end 15 inch PowerBook with a BTO reduced HD and a combo drive instead of the SuperDrive. With the education discount (college rocks!!) I can get it for $2050!

I need the portability and I need a machine that has enough to get through four years of college, and still be a usable machine in 2007. I think that I have found the perfect point inbetween price and functionality for my needs, but if someone here can prove me wrong...

I will be ordering it this evening (going for the iPod deal as well, so I must order now), so if anyone has a good point to make, please say it before 8pm central standard time.

Thanks alot, and even though I have been on Macs my whole life, I look forward to actually owning one of my very own. :D

2. dabirdwell macrumors 6502

I'm doing this too, go for it, it's a great deal with the iPod.

3. cubist macrumors 68020

The new Al hinge and case alone are a big factor. The Ti's plastic hinges and flexible case would give me pause. Also the new books have a much better keyboard. Good idea to get the 1.25 and reduce the price by getting a combo. Can your school get you a discounted Office?

4. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

I don't know if the college can, but I know that the tech director at the High School I graduated from can.