Speaker - mono?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by dewdst, Jun 13, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Noticed in iOS7 when playing a song through iphone external speaker it is not playing in stereo, I can def hear missing guitar parts to songs etc. Anyone notice this or is there a fix?

:cool:

2. macrumors regular

Orlandu

Check under Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Mono Audio

3. macrumors 65816

You are aware the iPhone only has one speaker right?

4. macrumors 68020

I think OP is suggesting that the loud speaker is playing just one of the stereo channels instead of mixing left and right.
    I'm not sure if this is true, but I wouldn't be surprised to see that kind of error in the Beta.

5. macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Ha

6. macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Looking under Accessibility, if you scroll further down, there's also a slider to adjust the audio volume balance between left and right channels. Make sure it's not slid all the way left or right.

7. macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

He's right. There is a bug whereby the speaker only plays 1 audio channel. Try playing Sonic 1, and notice how it only makes a sound when collecting alternating rings.

8. thread starter macrumors member

haha obviously i'm aware the phone has 1 speaker. But anyway, yeah under my settings everything is normal, mono is set to off and audio for left and right channels is right in the middle. Must be a bug oh well :p